Joystick Issues

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
shatteredsteel
I.S. Baby

Joystick Issues

Post by shatteredsteel »

Hello-
Having a rather annoying pair of Joystick issues. Hoping someone can help. Playing Mech 2 titanium via MechVM with a Saitek X45 joystick and throttle combo. Everything works fine, even the throttle surprisingly given the issues I had with Pirates Moon :D with the exception of 2 things that are really annoying.

a) I can't map the rudder to chassis turn. I can map it to other functions with no issue so I know the software can see it, I.E. it works fine if map it to turret twist.

b) If I map the left/right axis on the stick to torso twist it does twist but it also turns the mech in the direction you're twisting. Not as fast as if you're turning through the keyboard I should note either.

It's almost as if the left/right turn is hard wired into the software. Any suggestions?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Joystick Issues

Post by Skyfaller »

Saitek X45

Interesting, but most people use a keyboard/mouse combination. From what I gather from the product description, it uses an USB port, or does it use two?

You can edit the controls in-game or directly edit input.map/winput.map. Which have you tried, where does it fail?

I sometimes used a joystick in left hand, mouse in right hand, and the keyboard. Joystick controlled speed and walking direction, mouse controlled torso. It can be a pain to set up, but it always worked after some experimentation.