"Suitable Temporary Directory" error in DoxBox installation

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
summability
I.S. Baby

"Suitable Temporary Directory" error in DoxBox installation

Post by summability »

When I try running the installation file from the ISO image from my disk, it comes up with an error that says that it can't find a suitable temporary directory. Is there any way to fix this problem?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: "Suitable Temporary Directory" error in DoxBox installation

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

could you attach a copy of your dosbox.conf please? it sounds like you did not set it up properly
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
summability
I.S. Baby

Post by summability »

Yeah, here it is. I have not edited anything manually, only allowed the program to run its course.
Attachments
dosbox-0.73.conf
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Looks like a config file that MechVM includes. Did you try setting it up using MechVM? When you run DosBox, do you get an error when you type "c:", followed by enter, without the quotes?
summability
I.S. Baby

Post by summability »

Well, I first tried installing it using MechVM. When I ran the game through the DosBox version in there, the game was fine up until I wanted to launch a mission: the Mech stats and equipment was all null and the game shut down when I clicked the mission projector.

The problem I'm having now is that I can mount the ISO image that I made from my disk just fine and it begins to run the install program. However, after a few seconds of running it, DosBox gives me this error message: "The installer was unable to find a suitable temporary directory. You may specify one on the command line by invoking C:\INSTALL.EXE SwapDir=d:\path"

I have no idea where or how to direct the install program to a necessary directory.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Please upload the file install-report.txt from where MechVM installed the game. Maybe there is something wrong with the image.
summability
I.S. Baby

Post by summability »

For some reason, my "install-report" file is not on my drive anymore. When I do a search for it, though, it shows up but tells me that the file has been deleted. I am going to remove everything and install it again. I will post it as soon as I am finished with it.

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be working fine now. The only problem now is that the music does not play during missions. However, the audio tracks were not able to be burned with the data into the image for some unknown reason. I'm assuming that that is the problem since there are no audio tracks (that I know of) on the ISO file. If there is any way to fix this, let me know. Thanks for the help!