Cadet/MechWarrior Rank Advancement

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
MustafaCroat
I.S. Baby

Cadet/MechWarrior Rank Advancement

Post by MustafaCroat »

Hey everyone. This is my first time back to MechWarrior 2 in several years and my first time ever on this forum, so bear with me. I'm assuming that it is possible to advance from "Cadet" to "MechWarrior" by completing the "Cadet Training" series of missions. However it seems that this is either not possible or I'm doing something incorrectly. Is not a feature of the game? Is it a problem with a version that I have? (Titanium Trilogy) Or is it just a matter of having to complete them in order, successfully? Any assistance would be appreciated.

-NonResident
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Cadet/MechWarrior Rank Advancement

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yah, the training missions are rather misleading I admit.
They actually have no bearing on anything in the game.
It is just a tutorial to get you going.

Just start a mission and after you beat that you will gain rank. :)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Hadakajime
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Hadakajime »

(DOS) the instructor told me I had advanced to become mechwarrior once I pwned the guy in the cadet trial mission. however, i don't remember if my initial rank was less than that. anyone remember what the starting rank is?

OMG the weapons training is soooo hard when using a trackpoint and reversed Y axis :shock:
MustafaCroat
I.S. Baby

Post by MustafaCroat »

I started at Cadet and never advanced, which was somewhat annoying seeing as that makes it impossible to advance to the final rank.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Guys just play the missions.
Seriously the training has nothing to do with anything at all.
It is there for entertainment value and people who do not understand how to pilot.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.