Mouse problems

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
funkyspunkymonky
I.S. Baby

Mouse problems

Post by funkyspunkymonky »

Hopefully, somebody is still alive and well in this forum to help me. I did a successful install of the dos 1.1/95 Netmech version for my XP. I have gone thru all the steps to patch it and make it work like the 3dfx version with no problems (so far) except for one. My mouse will not look up or to the right. If I use the kepyad, I can. I will NOT be using a joystick so I really need the mouse to work properly. I have heard of mouse2kv.exe, but I am not using the DOS version; I installed off the 95. I upgraded my mouse drivers from Microsoft Intellimouse 6.3 to 7.0 and that did not seem to work. Can anybody help me?!!? If I could just get the mouse to work correctly I could be on my way. Thanks!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Mouse problems

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

Please try installing with MechVM. It will allow you to test both the DOS and Windows versions easily. You may need to patch to version 1.1. At the worst, you will learn that you did nothing wrong with installing and that it is a driver/configuration problem. Also, did you try to run the game in various resolutions? You can access this is in the menu|combat variables.
funkyspunkymonky
I.S. Baby

Okay, I'll try it soon. Can I still patch the game to get 3dfx graphics using this method?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

You can use 3DFX only if you have a 3DFX version. You write that you have 1.1 version. On the bright side, that means you won't need to patch it.
funkyspunkymonky
I.S. Baby

I tried MechVM and the mouse was working properly so I went back and made some changes to my previous configuration. On my current setup, I realized that if I played full screen, the mouse would not work properly. I guess I'll stick to windowed. Thanks for the help!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

funkyspunkymonky wrote:Thanks for the help!
Glad I could help.