Crash ingame start

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
dogga94
I.S. Baby

Crash ingame start

Post by dogga94 »

I can play fine (movies intro menus but when i go to actually play the game such as trial of greivence when i click LAUNCH it crashes to desktop how do i fix?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Crash ingame start

Post by Skyfaller »

We're happy to help, but we need more info. What game are talking about? If you're not sure, please look it up in the guide. Also, we need to know which operating system you're using. If you used MechVM to install it, please post the file install-report.txt from where the game was installed. If you didn't use MechVM, why not?
dogga94
I.S. Baby

Post by dogga94 »

Its a windows 95 pentium edition disc( dont no whether this is retail or not and running XP
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Try installing it with the latest edition of MechVM. If it doesn't run, rename _dplay.dll to dplay.dll in the game's folder. If that doesn't help, I can't help you, sorry.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Pretty much you probably just have the unfixable bug by the description.
No one knows the solution to it. Your best bet is Mech2 DOS.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.