No music in dosbox

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Polybius
I.S. Baby

No music in dosbox

Post by Polybius »

I am using the pentium edition on xp x64. I have the game running in dosbox but the music does not play despite the fact that I have the mw2 disk mounted as d: and have all of the voices working. Any idea what could be wrong? If I install and play through mechvm the menu music works implying that there's nothing wrong with my copy of the game.

I'm uploading my batch and conf files for review in case I've missed something. I did not install using the instructions on this forum.
Attachments
DOSBox.rar
batch & conf
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: No music in dosbox

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Please do read the instructions next time.
At any rate the fix is simple... make a img/cue file with clone cd and then mount the .cue file and you will have it working.
If you mount anything besides the .cue it will not have music.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Polybius
I.S. Baby

Post by Polybius »

Using a cue file instead of an iso did not make any difference.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

are you using softkey by chance?
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Polybius
I.S. Baby

Post by Polybius »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:are you using softkey by chance?
I've never heard of it so I'm going to assume not.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

You can test whether your CD has music on it. Just put the CD into your CD player/stereo. Track 1 contains the data, so keep the volume low, or you'll hear a lot of noise, and skip to track 2, which should contain music. I'd also like to know if MechVM detects the CD correctly.
Polybius
I.S. Baby

Post by Polybius »

I don't own a cd drive. How do I find out if mechvm is detecting the disk correctly or not?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

umm.. how did you make an iso to begin with without one?....

barring that.. just mount the .cue/img in daemon tools and run windows media player and see if it sees music tracks
Enzo03
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by Enzo03 »

The easy way to tell if it is the softkey version or not is... to see if it has "Softkey" on the disc...
Someone talking about violence in video games, specifically Grand Theft Auto, wrote:HAY GUYZ I CAN HIDE ROCKETS AND AK-47S AND GUNS IN MY PANTS AND GET INTO POLICE STATIONS! LETS DO IT IRL!
Polybius
I.S. Baby

Post by Polybius »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:umm.. how did you make an iso to begin with without one?....

barring that.. just mouse the .cue/img in daemon tools and run windows media player and see if it sees music tracks
I got a mate to burn it onto a thumb drive for me. The music doesn't seem to work like that but I'm not sure it's not a daemontools problem and I'm pretty sure that it's the pentium edition recommended on this forum.

Why would the music work in the mechvm install if there is none on the disc?