Graphics "blinking" + Joystick questions

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Prons
I.S. Baby

Graphics "blinking" + Joystick questions

Post by Prons »

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here but I searched and couldn't find an answer to my question, so I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have MW2: Titanium and I'm trying to play 31st Century, I got it to work in mwVM and it seems to be working great, except in the actual game (when you're in the mech) the graphics will "blink," every few seconds or so the screen will go black for a split second. I'm on VISTA and have an ATI Radeon graphics card, but I'm not sure the exact number. Is there anything I need to do to fix the graphics?

Also, I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick usb, is there anything special I need to do to get it configured? It didn't recognize my joystrick right away, so I had to play the first tutorial mission with the keyboard.

I'm on Windows Vista.
Mech2 big fan
I.S. Baby

Re: Graphics "blinking" + Joystick questions

Post by Mech2 big fan »

well im on windows 7 build 7600 and i have mechwarrior 2 mercenaries dos, and it runs great for me on dosbox. i tried mechvm on windows 7 for mechwarrior 2 win95 and it didnt work so try the dos versions if you have them.

btw about 12 years ago my older brother bought mechwarrior 2 titanium for christmas one year, i remember that i played it day in day out :D
Mechwarrior 2 titanium RULES!!!!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Graphics "blinking" + Joystick questions

Post by Skyfaller »

I occasially notice flickering when running the game on my laptop in energy-saving mode, so it could mean that for whatever reason your machine is not fast enough. Possible other reasons for this glitch include Glide emulation, viewing distance and resolution patches.