Mech2 Win95 issue - Iron Piston

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
KSerge
I.S. Baby

Mech2 Win95 issue - Iron Piston

Post by KSerge »

After much looking around, I make this thread to ask about a particular issue I'm encountering. I've no idea what may be causing it so any input will help.

Installed Mech2 31CC Win95. No problems there.
Installed Slug's Mech2 WinXP patch (not MECH2inject, but the installable patch).
Set Mech2.exe to run in 95 compatibility mode.

Everything's been pretty much smooth sailing after that, save for a small bug here or there. Unfortunately, upon reaching the jade falcon mission "Iron Piston" in which you have to eliminate several mechs in a city environment, I have stumbled upon a most annoying bug. Basically, any mech I use, regardless of it's size, will have it's shots fired appear to hit dirt (with the appropriate "hit" effect), making killing the enemy mechs nearly impossible. I think it may be related to the docking bay that you start in, where upon leaving said bay my altimeter showed I was actually below the 0 mark. I've tried changing mechs to a warhammer, marauder, and dire wolf. The warhammer was the most playable for some reason, so it may just be a matter of choosing the right mech, but it is frustrating to have the 100 ton potential and not be able to use the dire wolf.

If anyone else has seen this issue, Win95 version or not, please let me know. I didn't encounter this when I was trying the titanium edition earlier this week, and it's terribly frustrating having that Kell hound battlemaster in my sights when I can't kill it.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mech2 Win95 issue - Iron Piston

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Sorry to say I have never encountered that bug.. my advice is to use DOS.
95 versions are unpredictable.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
KSerge
I.S. Baby

Post by KSerge »

I guess I'll just chock it up to another weird bit for the Win95 version. I ended up doing it using the nova, as the mech's height did seem to affect the bug. Had it happen again on another mission, but of course by then I knew what to do. Thanks anyway!
Hegemon Chistu
I.S. Baby

Post by Hegemon Chistu »

I dont guess JJ's or missiles improved anything? I haven't played in a while I don't suppose you can add another mech to your star to help in that mission? Just some pots shots from the gallery off the top of my head :)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yah, I think starmates are allowed on that mission if I remember correctly.
Might help at least a bit, I think Hegemon is right.

As for JJ's or missiles.. I honestly assumed that Kserge had JJ's... good point i should have asked.
That could make alot of difference depending on how the bug handles itself.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
KSerge
I.S. Baby

Post by KSerge »

Sorry for the delay on a reply. Yeah I tried JJs first, but it was as if I was hitting the "ceiling" just trying to get off the ground.

Hadn't tried missles due to the somewhat erratic nature of them. Sometimes they'd fire fine, other times they'd detonate as soon as they launched, splashing damage on me. Seeing as I never use em anyway, that is a bug I don't mind ignoring.