Game does not start.

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Firefly
I.S. Baby

Game does not start.

Post by Firefly »

I was able to successfully install Mechwarrior 2 on my machine, but I'm unable to get the game to start. Specifically, what's happening is after I click on the game icon a screen comes up with several buttons on it. One of these buttons is labeled "play Mechwarrior." After I click on this button a black box will flicker on my screen for about a second before disappearing. It does this everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would fix this problem?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Game does not start.

Post by Skyfaller »

We may be able to help you to get the game running, but we will need to know the following:

1. What operating system do you use?
2. What version of MW2 are you using, i.e., what does it say on the disc?
Firefly
I.S. Baby

Post by Firefly »

Skyfaller wrote:We may be able to help you to get the game running, but we will need to know the following:

1. What operating system do you use?
2. What version of MW2 are you using, i.e., what does it say on the disc?
I'm using Windows Vista. On the dist is reads as follows. "Windows 95/MS-DOS." Then below that it reads, "CD2-3491-101-U3 1.1"

I hope that's everything you asked for.

I have the game running in combatibility mode and as administrator.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Well, you're lucky. You might be able to get the Windows version running with MechVM, but your chances with DosBox are better. So, I would propose you follow these instructions.