Can't get the Matrox Mystique edition working

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
johno87123
I.S. Baby

Can't get the Matrox Mystique edition working

Post by johno87123 »

i recently bought Mech2 Matrox Mystique edition, and im having problems getting it to run on xp sp3 it installed fine but when i click to play it the screen comes up then just closes, i've looked around the net for patches but havn't had much luck finding any for this particular edition of the game, pepsi-ward/wolf greyson referd me to this forum and said somone may be able to help me. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Can't get the Matrox Mystique edition working

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Sorry to tell you but that version does not work unless you have the original hardware.
There is absolutely no other way. There is no emulator for the card available to my knowledge. The only option you have is to buy a different version... I would suggest the DOS version.

I am sorry that I am unable to be of any help.
Let me know if you get a different one I would be glad to help with that if you get stuck.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
johno87123
I.S. Baby

Post by johno87123 »

thanks anyway, i have bought the 95/dos edition off of ebay just waiting for it to arrive, hopefully i will have more luck with this one ;)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

great good to hear!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

well, i am sure it is possible to create an emulator for the hardware like it was done for the 3dfx cards, but I do not know of anyone who would be willing to do it.