Mechwarrior 2 Mouse Issues

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
dm5k
I.S. Baby

Mechwarrior 2 Mouse Issues

Post by dm5k »

I used this guide to install the MW2 games... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0lBN6eu2IQ&t=1230s

I downloaded the Mechwarrior 2 games from myabandonware.com. After installing Mechwarrior 2 31st Century Combat my mouse does not work properly at all. I move my mouse left the mechs torso will move left but then begins moving right, left, right, left, etc. When I move my mouse right the mechs torso will move right but then begins moving left, right, left, right, etc. Moving up or down the torso moves at an angle. The game is unplayable. I don't have this issue with MW2 Mercs or Ghost Bear's Legacy. Is there something I need to change for mouse controls to work properly?

The errors MechVM tells me after I install the game...

no joystick found
could not find F: \german.lrm
BET1MAP1.BWD not found - connot build texture table.

Another issue I'm having is all 3 games do not play in full screen on MechVM. They play in what I'm assuming is 1078x768 in a window. How do I change this?
Last edited by dm5k on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Myg
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Re: Mechwarrior 2 Mouse Issues

Post by -Myg »

In general if you want to full-screen a program you press alt-enter.
dm5k
I.S. Baby

Post by dm5k »

Thank you for letting me know. Im going to give that a try as soon as I get free time!

EDIT: Yeah I tried alt-enter and it made the screen into an even smaller box on my desktop.
slickrcbd
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by slickrcbd »

Are you aware that in MW2, the mouse controls torso twist, actually turning the 'mech is done with the arrow keys.
Also, do you have "auto-center torso" set to on? That will make the 'mech automatically bring the torso back to the center position after you turn it. It is intended for joysticks, but in the 'Mac version could be turned on with the mouse.
Look in the keyboard/control options for auto-center torso.
dm5k
I.S. Baby

Post by dm5k »

Thanks for the reply. I don't know how I did it but i reinstalled it again and the mouse controls work perfectly.