Mission Music bug under 1.1 patch

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
John Doe117
I.S. Mech Washer

Mission Music bug under 1.1 patch

Post by John Doe117 »

Does the 1.1 patch support the ingame music? I still have my original IBM CD-ROM that works perfectly fine. Is there a simple way to fix this, or do I have to crawl to my media player and set the track on repeat before every mission?

(side note, under dosbox mission music will play, but it stutters too much under 1024 res)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mission Music bug under 1.1 patch

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

you have the disc in a drive other than the D drive if you are having problems with music and running mech2 directly.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
John Doe117
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by John Doe117 »

Strange…I had my drive mapped as different letters before (including D) but the music would never start (I tried it again to D from what you said). Installed VDMSound and still no music. Then, after altering the mech2dos batch file, with just music and mouse fix, the music started (yay). Played with it some more to find the problem that was preventing the music from playing. Odd part is, I used the original mech2dos I was having problems with, and to my surprise the music played…regardless of the drive letter.

Not sure exactly why, but taking out SAPUCDEX.EXE and @ECHO OFF, starting a mission, then using the normal Mech2dos fixed my problem.
Col.Kell
House Steiner Archon
House Steiner Archon

Post by Col.Kell »

completely unrelated, but are you a Halo fan, John Doe? Because the"117" in your name is the same as Spartan 117 :)
MechWarrior 2: 31stCC
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

that is very odd. well i am glad you fixed it!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.