Torso twist is slow when using the mouse

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Sapphire Wolf

Torso twist is slow when using the mouse

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

While playing(forgot who I played with) Netmechdos(from Myg's Package) via Dosbox, The mouse is fine on the menu screens, but in game, The torso twist seems to go slow when I move my mouse. Is this normal or something? The mouse that I am using is a saitek optic gaming mouse.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Torso twist is slow when using the mouse

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Normally when someone says that I would say that you need to use mouse2kv, but since you are using the dosbox version unfortuneatly I am at a loss.
Only thing I could figure you might check is your mouse speed in the control panel and the dosbox settings to see if you can tweak it to work better.

btw I am sorry I missed you the other day, you dissapeared right when i got to the keyboard.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

I have trouble moving the torso too. I can move it, but it only turns maybe 1 sixth of a turn. On my old mech2 and mech2mercs I could move it with the arrows and I used the arrows on the number pad to move the mech. I still use the arrows on the number pad to move my mech but I would like to know if its just the version of my mech2 or if its just because I'm using netmech.
MG_Man
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by MG_Man »

I'm getting this too - I've had to bump the mouse2kv thing up to 20 times the speed to get it to work, and then it totally went insane *restricted mouse to top half of the screen*

I know the mouse is smoother, but it's problematic too. For example, you can move it outside the mech's twisting limit and have it not do anything, but you have to move it back in the 'box' for it to turn back. So if you overshoot and hit the twist edge with a mouse, the mosue keeps on going past it.

I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's most noticeable using a Nova. Move the mouse really far left, then move it the other way.

This is the only thing I'm happy was different in Titanium.
Cyril
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class
House Steiner Warrant Officer First Class

Post by Cyril »

the nova dosent have torso twist. yes you can move it alittle, but that is all you get.

if you are using the default keys,,,yall are using <> to twist yes?
MG_Man
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by MG_Man »

I set the mouse to it, this is because this is smoother and more accurate than using the , or . keys.
Kylepowers
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Kylepowers »

Lets see what version of windows are you using. I had this issue with the twist thing freaking out when you would turn a little my mech went all the the way left when i onlt wanted about an inch or two on the screen. When i started to play on my windows me it works fine. I think the programing in XP causes this issue. What i would do is change the compatibility mode it worked on MW3 so it might work hear. Just a shot in the dark. I'll look at my game some time and see if it's possably the version.
Burner
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Burner »

I remember at some point months ago while running XP editing the mousekv file and changing the values to 8 instead of 2 and it worked fine after doing so.
Burner
Field Marshal
HeadHunters of Davion
=AFFS=
Inner Sphere Wars

mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by mech2memories »

instead of using the mouse u can use the keys that r on your number pad to the right of the keyboard. use the 1 and 3 keys. that works for me