Problems launching Windows 95 MechWarrior 2

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Argosax
I.S. Baby

Problems launching Windows 95 MechWarrior 2

Post by Argosax »

Hi all ^^
First I'm not a very good english speaker because I speak french(live in Belgium)... but I think that it's not too bad :p

I'm a very big fan of MechWarrior 2 !!! I think it's the best game of the world xD Yess !!!!
When I was a child I was always playing this game on the computer... but now this computer is too old and I'm on Windows XP (SP2) !!!
I'm looking for a patch or a tuto to install it on XP and I found your community !!
I tryed all the tutorial I found here (the video)... and I arrived to START THE GAME :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The video intro etc... are working now... THX alot !!!! But when I want to play the game (LAUNCH) KABOMM !!!! :o :| :( :cry: :cry:
The game crash !!!! WHYYYYY ??? WHY DOES IT CRASH FOR ME ???
Please help me... I want to play like you !!!!!! AT THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED OF THE WORLD !!!!

thx for help ^^

((sry again if I dont speak very well :s ))
Sapphire Wolf

Re: Hi all ^^

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Welcome to the forum.
BTW, Introduction topics goes here:
viewforum.php?f=13
Argosax
I.S. Baby

Post by Argosax »

ok no problem :p
It's done now
npsbre
House Steiner Sergeant Major
House Steiner Sergeant Major

Bienvenue

Post by npsbre »

Last edited by npsbre on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

(Moved the topic)

Welcome Argosax!

If I am understanding correctly, you watched the Windows 95 MechWarrior 2 tutorial and when you followed all of the steps, the game crashed upon launch?
Assuming that you followed Solution 1(Using Slugs Patch), I would suggest that you should reinstall then game and try using Solution 2(Kontza's Method aka hex editing) this is more difficult, but it may work better if you are lucky.

Otherwise, there is only two other solutions and 1 I would not call a solution.

The one I would suggest is using MechWarrior 2 DOS, this runs much better on XP than the 95 version.
If you have the Netmech edition or the Non-Retail Pentium version of the game you should have the DOS installer on the CD as well.
This solution is the most reliable. You will have to follow the guide on the FAQ section however, there are some minor twists to the DOS version.

The alternative is to reformat your machine and reinstall XP from scratch.
The reason that I put reformating your computer as an option is because many times reformating solves the problem.
However, it is a toss up whether it actually will fix it. Sometimes it solves it and sometimes it does not.

Anyway, in short if you just wish to play multiplayer I would highly suggest you install Myg's Package, it contains everything you need to play online, but lacks singleplayer.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
mech2memories
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Re: Problems launching Windows 95 MechWarrior 2

Post by mech2memories »

I have the exact same problem as you do! :shock: It really is an inconvenience. Sir MMPD Raddick is trying to help me with that problem and he could probably help you too. :)

btw: your english is just fine
lol
:lol: :D