user missile damage bug

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
John5301
I.S. Baby

user missile damage bug

Post by John5301 »

So I installed Mech2, ran the patch, and found it works 100%...on win98SE. (Microsoft Vitual PC 2007 with 98SE, same pc as XP one)

On XP everything is working the same (sound might be crackling more) , except everytime I fire LRMs/SRMs I get hit by my own weapon. I always had this happen on the Titanium versions, with a 98 pent III 500mhz (this is not my current pc)

What must be done to fix my premature exploding missiles?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: user missile damage bug

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Not really fixable completely. Some say it is placement in the torso with some mechs, but I am unsure of that myself.
The not so great fix is to use cpugrab or some other cpu slowdown program. Otherwise with DOSBOX may work if you have a DOS version.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
John5301
I.S. Baby

Re: user missile damage bug

Post by John5301 »

Ok, looks like CPU speed as you said. I'm running two copies of Folding@home for each CPU core, setting one F@H core to "realtime" priority in task manager seems to have slowed my comp down enough. If anyone wants to try this method AND has a single core CPU, make sure you DON'T have it to running at full 100%, leave some room for your computer to actually work with.