ATI Rage Edition Issues

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

ATI Rage Edition Issues

Post by Mechman26 »

hey i have the mech2 ati 3d rage edition but when i try to use slugs patch, i cant find my mech 2 directory could someone tell me what my mech2 directory is? :cry: i want to play this game sooo bad i ran into the same problem that galahad33 had
-220-
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Slug's Patch

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

(Moved thread to appropriate section)

Sorry to have to give ya bad news but, the ATI 3d Rage edition does not work period.. least just by patching.
1. You must have a card that actually has the capability to use 3d rage... just any old ATI card will not do.
2. If you have a card that qualifies then you must use slugs hook. Not the patch.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

Post by Mechman26 »

aww looks like ill have to buy a different version off amazon.com or something then huh? Cuz i dont have an ati card
:cry:
-220-
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Sorry! :(
With regards to purchasing a working version, I would personnaly suggest ebay over amazon. For one reason, unlike amazon, ebay usually shows you what you are getting.
Most of the time when you order a copy off of amazon for mech2 you will get a version that does not work, or you do not need.

When choosing a version it may be beneficial to check over this thread.

Almost forgot, you can play online still without the game! Multiplayer has always been free! Check our downloads section if you are interested.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

mech2 mission bug

Post by Mechman26 »

i used the wrapper and the game worked up until i got to the mission part then it just went right to the mission failure screen any ideas y? :?
-220-
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: mech2 mission bug

Need more details on what version.
Again if this is the ATI version the wrapper will not fix it.
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

Post by Mechman26 »

aww will the netmech download work for my version?
-220-
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

Post by Mechman26 »

buying a new version is where the complications come of couse since the mech2 that we own dosent seem to work my mom wont let me buy any mech2 anything go figure is the mech2 for playstation any good? if youve played it, how does it compare to the coomputer version? :?: :idea:
-220-
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

(Merged Threads)
Yah, the netmech version would would work. It is seperate from the full game and free. You can find it in our download section.
As for the PS1 or Sega Saturn version.. well to be quite brutal with these.. it majorly stinks... :| The console version is nothing like the PC version. Sorry!
Mechman26
I.S. Baby

Re: ATI Rage Edition Issues

Post by Mechman26 »

ok thanks hope to c u sometime on netmech then :D
-220-