A question

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
bacon
I.S. Baby

A question

Post by bacon »

Hello all, I have a question for you:

So over this summer, I search "MechWarrior" on youtube, and was surprised. Mech2 is still alive! I found the installation instruction video, used method 2 to install mech2 windows 95 Pentium edition(offered only with micron PCs it says) got it to work, and was happily blowing up mechs again. :)
It worked fine, till about a week later when my power went out, and my computer switched off(had it in standby mode). When I rebooted my computer, the game would still load, but It would crash upon launch/starting the game. I uninstalled and installed on a different computer, with the same method, no luck, same crash.
I have searched the forums, and have come down to my question:
My best option right now is to by Mech2 DOS and install it through dosbox?

Thanks for your help.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: A question

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

pretty much you have that correct. The 95 versions stop working randomly. We have never figured out what the cause is.
The only way we have found to fix it, which is not conclusive, is a reformat. Sometimes that will fix it, sometimes it will not.
Bottom line is as you said mech2 DOS.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.