GBL Battlepack clipping; XP; MW2hook

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Raven
I.S. Baby

GBL Battlepack clipping; XP; MW2hook

Post by Raven »

I used to own the DOS version of GBL and never had this happen on Win 98, but here's the problem:

In the first mission, defend on mannedorf, the ravens always fall through the cliff, getting damage-level yellow legs, and land inside the hanger! Weird! In the mission to defend the dropship on Chandler, defend on Chandler, Draconis dropship forces are falling through the cliff and can't be hit until they clip through a side of the face wall. :-/ A battle armor also went prone inside the mountain (without missing a leg)? and could not be hit. Attempting to fire through the mountain, I was exploded by PPC backblast, ending the mission.

Is this an XP issue or a battlepack issue?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: GBL Battlepack clipping; XP; MW2hook

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Battlepack I would assume as it has never been reported until now.
Sorry I have no clue how to fix it. :(
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Raven
I.S. Baby

Re: GBL Battlepack clipping; XP; MW2hook

Post by Raven »

Yeah. Without exception, AI mechs, battle armor and everything else, it seems, falls through cliffs. This is unfortunate because it is pretty prevalent.

EDIT: ADD:
Hmm. Restarted as FREEBIRTHTOAD and the first mission, mannedorf, with the ravens, did not fall through the cliff, but the dropship defend mission, chandler, was still broke. Also, upon starting up, an enemy mech which is lodged in the mountain side, explodes.

I think this is because, as witnessed in wire frame mode on the space mission, the drop ship isn't truly dropping mechs. They're behind a "curtain" and they are dropped when the dropship flies over. For what ever reason, this one mech - probably a light mech - is dropped at the beginning of the mission, falls through the cliff and explodes upon smashing its feet.

Defend on chandler is a pain: a draconis battle armor is lodged in the wall and must be rapidly killed by shooting point-blank at the mountain side, so that the shots pass through. (The tactical nuke is, afaik, not placed by the draconis battle armor at all, but is already on the dropship: effectively, a timed mission).