MW2 Contol Config Problem

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Peally
I.S. Baby

MW2 Contol Config Problem

Post by Peally »

Hello everyone. Have a problem with MechWarrior 2's control configurations. Used to play this game religiously during the 90s and, seeing a few youtube videos, went digging in the ol' basement. Found my MW2 Titanium CDs and installed the game just fine, but can't configure the controls at all in the game. I used to play with the default controls, but they're very goofy compared to my "wsad" style controls in MW4: Mercs. The in-game configuration is extremely confusing, and I can't seem to change any of the keyboard controls. Also, when trying to un-invert my mouse controls in INPUT.MAP I did the - to a + symbol and saved, but nothing in game has changed, even though the changes still exist in the file. There are many different control files and they are all pretty complex (and don't seem to work :)).

Would like to get back into this game, as it was extremely atmospheric with the extremist factions whooping each other's behinds ;). MW4: Mercs just isn't the same. If I can get this stuff fixed I'd like to try out GBL and MW2: Mercs as I've only ever played the original titanium version (bought it used, so the expansions were acquired much later). Any help much appreciated, thanks!
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MW2 Contol Config Problem

Post by Skyfaller »

For Titanium, try editing InputW.map