Mech2 joystick Support

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Mech2 joystick Support

Post by Koujinoc »

First off, I really appreciate the site. I played MW2 "back in the day" and have always dreamed about being able to play it again. Thanks to these forums I am uber close to achieving it. Now on to the problem...

The game plays great, the only problem is that i'd like to use my joystick (a Logitech Attack 3) to play. Is there a way to achieve joystick support. The Logitech joystick is extremely young in comparison to MW2, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Burner
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: Mech2 joystick Support

Post by Burner »

if I remember right, a joystick didnt work very well in MW2. I use one (X-52) to play in MW4 but in MW2 I use the KB and mouse for the win!

Burner
Field Marshal
HeadHunters of Davion
=AFFS=
Burner
Field Marshal
HeadHunters of Davion
=AFFS=
Inner Sphere Wars

Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well, it is possible through dosbox, though i have never tried; but i know it detects joysticks...
If you reconfigure dosbox's controls instead of netmech it should work.

As for 95 versions, I think but I could be wrong you will have to have an older joystick such as Microsoft Sidewinder Percision Pro... really cheap on ebay, usually $10, the joystick still is one of the best though so you could use it on a new game.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Post by Koujinoc »

Thanks for the help.

I'm currently just playing with the KB and mouse (couldn't wait ;) ). I'll probably give it a try through dosbox in the next couple days...I'll let you know how it goes.
MG_Man
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by MG_Man »

I can use any joystick with the win95 version, however the DOS version not so much.

I think that's just DOSBOX emulating them though.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

well the main factor with the joystick not working properly is that mech2 only supports maybe 6 joysticks.. the most popular being the Sidewinder Percision Pro by Microsoft.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
MG_Man
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Post by MG_Man »

Yeah, that's the Dos version...I have a Saitek p2500 gamepad working in the 95 edition with no tweaks.

Back in the day, a Wingman Extreme *Newer than the one that was made for DOS* also worked.
thissatori
I.S. Baby

Post by thissatori »

Hello everyone. I am new to this mechwarrior 2 on doxbox stuff. I played this game sooo much back in the day so it makes me really happy to see people working so hard to keep it going.

I saw people talking about using their mouse but I cannot get a mouse working as the joystick. I am using dosbox on windows xp and i have patched and i think I have successfully done the mouse2kv thing but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else i have to do to get the mouse working?

It works just fine in the clan hall but i cannot use it in game for some reason.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Try this patch. You can achieve the same by editing input.map, but this is more difficult.