Mechwarrior 2 Ati 3D Rage version

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
galahad33
I.S. Baby

Mechwarrior 2 Ati 3D Rage version

Post by galahad33 »

I need help on trying to make my version (Ati 3D Rage) work on my laptop. I install the game with no problems but when I go to play the game all I get is a black screen that pops up real quick then disappears as quick as it came. I didn't think it would work on an XP OS considering that it is a windows 95 game but is there some patch I need to download to fix this problem? Also the game operates with Ati 3D Rage drivers (which are clearly out of date) which I have but don't know is they are compatible with my laptop. Are they? If so is there anything I should know possible problems and such? If not are there drivers I would need to download for the game? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mechwarrior 2 Ati 3D Rage version

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

If you have a 3d rage embedded in your laptop you need to find the model and then go to ati's website and find the drivers for it.
Updated drivers are needed usually, but i doubt you will find any past 2000.

It should work just fine since you have the chipset required to run it.
You can get it to run by using either kontza's method orSlugs method.
Probably you will run into a mech customization bug, so download the replacement dll and use it after patching or using slugs method.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
JimmyJ
I.S. Baby

Post by JimmyJ »

I don't want to make a new thread when a 3D rage thread already exists, so I'm posting this here. Yesterday I bought the Ati 3D rage edition for 33 cents (no tax even!). What I want to know is, what differences does it have from a plain Mechwarrior 2 Dos disc? I have the dos version too, and I was wondering if there would be any reason to play the 3d rage edition instead. I have an old computer with an integrated 3d rage pro so I'm assuming this version will work on that comp.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Not really, there is more bugs in the 3d rage, but it has better graphics.
Really it is all opinion. Personally I would just go with mech2 dos and forget it; because, there is less chance of a crash during the game.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
JimmyJ
I.S. Baby

Post by JimmyJ »

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll mainly stick to playing normal MW2 on my XP computer (which I plan on getting onto netmech with soon), but still screw around with the 3d version every once in a while. Can't go wrong spending 33 cents on it :)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

cool, well stop by any time! Netmech has been and always will be free.
We have it setup in dosbox .. no configuration necessary.
Also stop by IRC if ya do :)

Look forward to fighting ya!