Mech 2 Install, Yes I've read the post on it

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Dragono
I.S. Baby

Mech 2 Install, Yes I've read the post on it

Post by Dragono »

A couple questions regarding install:

1.) On a new rig of mine running XP SP2, I follow the install steps but do not get very far. At step 6 the command prompt zooms to full screen and freezes, not the computer but it itself. The arrow keys are functionless and the clock in the upper-right stops. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

2.)At the end of the installation instructions it says "First, you need these files and a .bat file, you may download them here."...Where??

3.) And I'm a bit confused at what I need to download. At the beginning of the instructions it says if its already installed just download the patch. At the end of step 22 it says download the patcher. Or if I choose to "continue reading" it describes "these files and a .bat file"

which of these do I need?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mech 2 Install, Yes I've read the post on it

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Just use the patch, the other way is more difficult.
It will not harm your game even if you were using 1.1, it is a simple overwrite.

As for freezing, unfortuneatly i have never encountered it so I am unable to help.
I can give one of two suggestions.. when it goes full screen hit alt enter and it will go back to normal size if indeed it is not frozen.
Or just use dosbox.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.