Help installing 1.1 and Battlemaster patch in MechVM

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Snarkel
I.S. Baby

Help installing 1.1 and Battlemaster patch in MechVM

Post by Snarkel »

Hey, I was wondering if it was possible to install patches for MW2 on MechVM? I got the 1.1 patch along with a Battlemaster patch and I cant seem to figure out how to patch it. whenever I try to use a .BAT the DOS prompt opens for a split second and then disappears and when I try a .EXE it says my computer cant run it.
As per what version of I'm running, its just plain MW231stCC for DOS, and if it helps at all, I installed it of course, from an .IMG file.

EDIT: I tried using MechVM's "View File" button and used the 1.1 patch .exe and now MW2 crashes everytime I try to run it with MechVM saying "Process ended with code 0"
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Re: Help installing 1.1 and Battlemaster patch in MechVM

Post by Havokq3 »

If you can't patch the game to 1.1, you are probably already playing in 1.1. What version of the game was on the disc that the image file was created from? As for the Battlemaster patch, I would suggest running it in DosBox outside of MechVM.
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.
Snarkel
I.S. Baby

Post by Snarkel »

Havokq3 wrote:If you can't patch the game to 1.1, you are probably already playing in 1.1. What version of the game was on the disc that the image file was created from? As for the Battlemaster patch, I would suggest running it in DosBox outside of MechVM.
Yeah, earlier I managed to get the battlemaster patch working, and as for what version my game on the .img file was, I'm honestly not sure, is there a way to tell what version is running?
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by Havokq3 »

Snarkel wrote:
Havokq3 wrote:If you can't patch the game to 1.1, you are probably already playing in 1.1. What version of the game was on the disc that the image file was created from? As for the Battlemaster patch, I would suggest running it in DosBox outside of MechVM.
Yeah, earlier I managed to get the battlemaster patch working, and as for what version my game on the .img file was, I'm honestly not sure, is there a way to tell what version is running?
I don't know what changes between 1.0 and 1.1 (other than a few bug fixes), but as far as I know, it doesn't really matter, as far as everyone has a similar version of Netmech.
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.
Snarkel
I.S. Baby

Post by Snarkel »

There was a specific bug about the Right Arm always being blown off first that I would like fixed and also if I were to start installing mods wouldn't I need the most up-to-date Mech2 or do versions not really matter with mods? Either way, i'd love to get it installed just to get my mind off of it and every Mech2 guide telling me to update to 1.1

Doing a bit more testing, I got the patch.bat to work but when I type the path to my Mech2 it says its not there and to try again.
DOSBox results
DOSBox results
MECH.png (106.32 KiB) Viewed 14238 times
EDIT: I just tried installing Kell's Alternate mechs and I got a similar issue.
KAM Results
KAM Results
KAM.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 14215 times