What versions are compartible for addon install?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
hey-pi-ron
I.S. Baby

What versions are compartible for addon install?

Post by hey-pi-ron »

Hello, guys. Can someone give me any information about compartible versions for MW2 and MW2GBL?
For example - can I install on Essential collection MW2 any other version of MW2GBL? Or it will be compartible only with Essential collection MW2GBL?
Thank you.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: What versions are compartible for addon install?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Way late reply to this sorry.

Basically Ghost Bear's legacy if it is the DOS version it will require a DOS version of the game to work. I believe the versions you mentioned will work with GBL in general though as DOS is on both of them. Ultimately though installing the game via the installer unless your on DOS or windows 98 will not function no matter what is tried as far as I am aware. The easiest way to install GBL is to use mechvm. This eliminates the need for the mech2 disc in addition to GBL as it just goes grabs the files off the GBL disc and installs it.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.