No menu music in MW2 on DosBox

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
ash123
I.S. Mech Washer

No menu music in MW2 on DosBox

Post by ash123 »

I have the Dos version of MW2 running on DosBox, and so far there hasnt been any problems at all, but theres a gaping lack of ambient menu music. The mission music works fine, but music in the instant action menu or clan halls are missing. I'm not sure if its just that the version of the game I have doesnt have it or if its a weird glitch (I'm assuming the first), but is there some way i can get the music to play (by adding or fixing anything?). The game just isnt complete without its wonderful full soundtrack! Thanks
Always up for a Netmech game, PM me.
ash123
I.S. Mech Washer

Re: No menu music in MW2 on DosBox

Post by ash123 »

If I open the game through MechVM I can hear the menu music, but everything is extremely glitchy (i.e. sound, graphics, etc.)
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by Havokq3 »

Since the shell music isn't present but the in-game music is, it is likely that the sound device isn't properly configured. What you can do is, in DOSBox, run the file named SETSOUND.BAT, which will open the Sound Configuration Utility. Select the option titled "Select and Configure MIDI Music Driver"; I would suggest first using the "Roland Mt-32 MIDI with MPU-401 MIDI Interface", as this is the one that works for me. If this doesn't work, then you will have to try drivers until you find one that works.
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.
ash123
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by ash123 »

Hey thanks that worked! :)