Got MW2:31stCC to run on DOS, but Instructor's Voiceover won't run.

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Zeph
I.S. Baby

Got MW2:31stCC to run on DOS, but Instructor's Voiceover won't run.

Post by Zeph »

If anyone cares it's Zephonarch2/ II from MWO. Anyways, I got the dos binaries from Abandonware lately(finally) and now I'm having trouble getting the audio for the Instructor in the "Proving Grounds" Trial missions for Falcon to work.

FTR(for the record), There was no MECH2_16B.CUE anywhere for me to mount in the zip folder they had. So I thought because I'm still learning the ropes of DOS, why not check out that SND directory and set up the music and audio drivers. Why not? I'm not sure, but it was worth a shot.

I ran a few Sound Blaster 16, AWE programs... I didn't know what I was doing. After that, the Voiceover/Music audio still wasn't working. And that's where I've left off before starting to write this post.

Can anyone tell me why the Voiceover Audio won't run? Or the Music. The music didn't work also; in the menus and in-game. Any anwers?
Zeph
I.S. Baby

Re: Got MW2:31stCC to run on DOS, but Instructor's Voiceover won't run.

Post by Zeph »

Heh, heh... Nevermind. Apparently I downloaded and unzipped the 30-some odd MB version without the pre-installed Iso file. The version I needed was like 600mb. No problem here anymore! Troubleshooting done.