Is this even a known issue? Please help!

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
CloudsnBunnies
I.S. Baby

Is this even a known issue? Please help!

Post by CloudsnBunnies »

I have spent about 2 days getting my setup to work properly, reading various posts and fixes most of them on this forum. While my game is now running great, I just ran into a huge problem that's preventing me from getting further. I am currently on the Jade Falcon Mission "Iron Piston" in this mission AND ONLY ON THIS MISSION, I am getting invisible walls blocking all my shots, of every kind, with every mech. I need to literally ram into enemy mechs to hit them and vise versa, every mech on the map shoots and it explodes in their face. I tested AGL and slowly dropped my CPU to as low as 5 percent, even with the game literally CHUGGING at like 5 FPS, it did not improve whatsoever. Still invisible walls everywhere.

Please, any suggestions?
CloudsnBunnies
I.S. Baby

Re: Is this even a known issue? Please help!

Post by CloudsnBunnies »

I read the only thing on the forums pertaining to this mission and I am currently cycling through mechs to see if I can get past this mission, I tried nova, no dice.
CloudsnBunnies
I.S. Baby

Post by CloudsnBunnies »

Same issue with all mechs. I Even tried engaging all mechs at once with a dire wolf so they would harm themselves shooting me. I am still forced to take too much dmg per kill and I cant even finish half of them off.
CloudsnBunnies
I.S. Baby

Post by CloudsnBunnies »

I am now stuck on Cold crescent in Wolf campaign, exact same problem. Once I get to the core, invisible walls everywhere and JJ's react like the gravity is on jupiter, I cant even get a foot off the ground....

Sigh
Striker
House Steiner Private First Class

Post by Striker »

This is odd, for I have never experienced anything like that before. What version of Mech2 are you running?
CloudsnBunnies
I.S. Baby

Post by CloudsnBunnies »

Win95, its the only version I could get working, dos loaded ok but it was very limited with resolution and it had no mouse only keyboard.

So yes I am already dealing with no JJ recharge missles explode in my face and no custom mechs.
Striker

Post by Striker »

I've never really tried the W95 version of 31st Century to be honest, but I do recall seeing similar issues in the W95 of Mercenaries. I never had much luck with the Windows version of Mechwarrior 2 at all since Windows XP. Currently, I have had no issues with the dos versions of 31st, GBL, or Mercs on Windows 8.1, so with this said, I would recommend, if it is possible, to give the dos version a try again.

Have you tried installing the dos version with MechVM that is available on this site? The resolution should be scalable to 1024x768 (the max back in the day), and the mouse should work...