Hi, MW2 Newbie here

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
JackOfOwls
I.S. Baby

Hi, MW2 Newbie here

Post by JackOfOwls »

Hi Guys. Been playing around with both the DOS & Titanium versions of the Mechwarrior 2 trilogy. And I must say, I'm quite enjoying it. A lot of naysayers for the Titanium versions but I feel it's got less negative transference for today's 3d accelerated gamers and is much faster when you feel the DOS versions tend to be more difficult if only because they're slower & laggier. I do love the many extra features of the orginal DOS versions, though, so I'm starting out with MW2 in that. And the music audio is much crisper & rocking than the rather muddy Titanium versions. My only prior experience with the MechWarrior world was the SNES version of MW1 which I enjoyed. Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say Hiya.

I did notice I got a lot of "divide overflow" errors using DOSBox in MM2 but I found something on the Net that instructed to replace a line in my DOSconf file (mpu401=intelligent to mpu401=mpu401=uart) and it seems to help make it less prone to those errors. I still get them when I hit ESC from playing the game and trying to bring up the config menu but I assume this is normal. Also, I wish I had a manual for MW2 Mercenaries (which I got on ebay in a jewel box but has no documentation) but I understand it's HUGE. Oh, well.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Hi, MW2 Newbie here

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hey welcome! Glad to see someone else loves mech2!

Yeah, unfortunately the game will be a bit prone to random crashes.
Thanks for the tip on the dosbox setting i'll have to try that!!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Vandervecken
I.S. Baby

Re: Hi, MW2 Newbie here

Post by Vandervecken »

Hi,
How did you get Titanium Edition to work?

vandervecken