Ruined my CD!? Please help!

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Genje
I.S. Baby

Ruined my CD!? Please help!

Post by Genje »

Hi. i recently purchased a copy of Mechwarrior 2 (3dfx version) to play on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I was following the instructions here: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/73563- ... -7-64-bit/ under "IF you have the 3dfx version..." until I got to instruction number 5. I found the dplay.dll file he mentioned easily enough, but I had no idea what he meant by "Mech2 installation folder." Stupidly, I tried to copy dplay.dll on the CD to the "Mech2" folder also on the CD. Immediately, the the Mech2 folder, which containted the file MW2.PRJ, was deleted from the CD and could not be burned back to the CD. I have it sitting on my hard drive. When I run Mech2.exe which was created from MechVM, the game SEEMS to work perfectly fine, but did I just ruin my CD? Will my game still work?
navbuoy
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: Ruined my CD!? Please help!

Post by navbuoy »

I'm still have problems believing that you somehow copied over a non-rewriteable CD. Normally all burning software and hardware doesn't allow for this.
Now, if you have it on a re-writeable CD I can see this possibly happening.
Either way, what's done is done.
It's all a matter of making a backup with the missing file put back in.