MechVM does not work on Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
LordNova2
House Steiner Sergeant
House Steiner Sergeant

Re: MechVM does not work on Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit

Post by LordNova2 »

Seems to be working fine.
I installed the VMware tools, the game launched but had no sound so and had to manually find the sound-card driver, just grabbed the Sound Blaster drivers for Win98.
Also I installed the "Software" version of Titanium, not "Hardware", as I did not think VMware can emulate 3dFX hardware.
MW2:31CC Titanium in vmWare
MW2:31CC Titanium in vmWare
MW231CC_TIT.jpg (209.41 KiB) Viewed 7524 times
Shrike
I.S. Baby

Post by Shrike »

I have Windows 8.1 64-bit and it works.
Havokq3
House Steiner Corporal
House Steiner Corporal

Post by Havokq3 »

Blanchflower wrote:OK, I am having a problem here. I have Windows 8.1 OS Professional 64-bit edition. I have the Mechwarrior 2 Titanium edition. It comes with 3 discs, Mechwarrior 2, Ghost Bear Legacy and Mercenaries. It is a Windows 95 edition.

When I use MechVM, the game is able to play the intro screen. However, when I attempt to start a mission, the game freezes. To make it worse, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del does not exit the game. It freezes up the whole OS! So the only option for me is to manually switch off my PC.

Anyone else using Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional edition and are having this problem? Please advise! I really love this game!

Any comments would be appreciated.

:(
I had this same problem with MechVM. Because it does not work on Windows 8, you may have to run it in Dosbox.
The year is 2015. For a Mail Officer, LIFE is WAR, and DEATH is the only true peace.