MW2Inject.exe has stopped working.

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
fablefire
I.S. Baby

MW2Inject.exe has stopped working.

Post by fablefire »

So I've installed the DOS to 3DFX patch from here: http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/M ... CD+Edition However when I execute MW2Inject the game crashes while Windows says that MW2Inject.exe is not working. I have set Windows 95 and admin compatibility modes to MW2.exe and MW2Inject. Windows won't let me set compatibility modes on mw2.bat. I used nGlide for my first try and dgVoodoo from my second try. Is there a solution to this? Here is some info from dxdiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/25/2012, 20:46:09
Machine name: FABLEFIRE
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
Page File: 2738MB used, 10043MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MW2Inject.exe has stopped working.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

patched 3dfx installs i would not be able to help you with. Too many bugs with that setup. Could be many different things causing it not to work. suggest using DOS vanilla.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
fablefire
I.S. Baby

Post by fablefire »

Ah, okay. Thanks for helping! What about the actual 3DFX discs? Does that work on Windows 8?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

it might, but i have never tried it. I can tell you 3dfx works on Windows 7 sometimes, but ultimately it depends if you are lucky. I can never recommend the 95 versions simply because they are unpredictable. They work on some computers for some reason but not on others. No harm in trying it though.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
fablefire
I.S. Baby

Post by fablefire »

Anyways I'll be staying with the DOS version of MW2. (The one I have.) However when I will get Mercenaries I will definitely try to get the Windows version running.