Mech warrior 95 "Enchanced for ATI RAGE II"

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
ynnead
I.S. Baby

Mech warrior 95 "Enchanced for ATI RAGE II"

Post by ynnead »

I saw on a link one day that it was possible to play mechwarrior 2 on windows 7 64 so i did some research and found there are many versions of it (but mostly dos/95). From what i read/watched is in the 95 version the medium pulse laser is pretty much a super weapon and windows 95 version doesn't let you wire view. Well when i remember playing years and years and years ago i was able to go into wire mode and the medium pulse lase was pretty weak from what I remember.

So figuring i had a compatible version of mechwarrior 2 I proceeded tearing my entire house apart to find it and to my dismay find that i have mechwarrior 2 95 CD-ROM Enhanced for the ATI RAGE II". From posts I've read, dating at least 5 years ago, this version does not work on anything :(. So this post is just seeing if in the 5 years of absent posts that maybe this version is now working?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mech warrior 95 "Enchanced for ATI RAGE II"

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

nope sorry! :( that version is still dead on Vista and above without the origional video card and the drivers...
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ynnead
I.S. Baby

Re: Mech warrior 95 "Enchanced for ATI RAGE II"

Post by ynnead »

awww i knew it probably wouldn't work but i wanted to ask :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohrMaSyeOTs the good old days