Does MechVM work in Windows 8 64-bit?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Blanchflower
I.S. Baby

Does MechVM work in Windows 8 64-bit?

Post by Blanchflower »

OK, as the thread title goes, does it work on Windows 8 64-bit? The reason I am asking is because I plan to purchase a new PC with Windows 8 64-bit installed.

Thanks!

:)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Does MechVM work in Windows 8 64-bit?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

It should work from what i remember when I tried win8, but I am not 100% sure it was a while ago when it was a beta.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ltcolblaze
I.S. Baby

Post by ltcolblaze »

Hello this is my first post on here. And i hate to reopen an old post. but i was wondering if there is any programs that will run mechwarror 2 titanium on windows 8? ive tried mechvm but it wont work. when i try to launch a missin it crashes.
thanks in advance
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

hey welcome dunno really about titanium on win8 but you might try slug's patch for titanium might work.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Blanchflower
I.S. Baby

Post by Blanchflower »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:hey welcome dunno really about titanium on win8 but you might try slug's patch for titanium might work.
OK, I finally bought a laptop with Windows 8.1 installed. Previously, I was able to run MechVM on Windows 7 64-bit with minor problems. However, sadly this is not the case with Windows 8.1 64-bit. I am getting a message, "Real MechMV 2 has stopped working.."

The problem is, whenever I start a new mission, the game crashes. This is so frustrating. Please advise. Thanks.

Moreover, I would like to add that when I try to install the Slug's Patch, I get a message stating "Unable to locate file to patch."
:oops: