Keshik Overtonnage error

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Keshik Overtonnage error

Post by Koujinoc »

Guys hoping I can get some help from you on the best way to overcome this.

I recently Mechwarrior 2 using slug's hook. It plays great except that I cannot create my own custom mechs. After any customization (even being 1/2 ton or more under max) i get the Keshik Overtonnage error preventing me from using it. I've looked around and I didn't see any threads on this, sorry if there is already one out there.

Please let me know what I need to do to overcome this issue. Thank you for your help.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Keshik Overtonnage error

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

It depends on what version you are using.
If it is titanium or battlepack and that is happening or a 3d enhanced you generally are out of luck.

If it is not use slug's patch over the install instead of the hook. The patch works better than the hook in many cases.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Post by Koujinoc »

I'm using the win95 version. I'll double check if I have the patch or the hook. I'm pretty sure its the hook. If so, i will try the patch and will post how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Short of that, any other work arounds?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

the same solution, but just pasting the dll that the patch creates over the shelldll
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Post by Koujinoc »

Radick,

Thanks for the help. The patch did the trick and I am now customizing to my heart's content. Thanks! :D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

np! Glad it worked!
Koujinoc
I.S. Baby

Post by Koujinoc »

Looks like my jubilation may have been short lived. Here's the issue:

-When I launch using the patch (regular .exe, not hooked) I can modify mechs and use them. However I get the missle damage issue (they hit me more than an enemy).

-When i launch using the hook I can now modify and use mechs. However, when I go to launch the mission it crashes the program. I added in "/-startup" and "/-mechlab" but this did not help fix the issue.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that in order to undo the patch I will need to reinstall. The dll that the patch creates is rewriting the mw2.dll, correct? From the previous post should i put that over the same file or a different one? Does the patch affect any other files aside from the one .dll?

Thanks for the help.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

it does effect one other file than mw2shell.dll i think but it escapes me, but yes you should be able to use both hook and patch.
I am surprised it is crashing for you. I'm sorry I do not know how you would fix the conflict because normally that works.
The alternative way to fix the missile bug is just simply run a few instances of cpu grab and it will slow your processor down that the missiles will work slightly better.

I would highly suggest you consider using the DOS version and DOSBOX as it is much more stable.