Distorted Aftermath

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Soyeong
I.S. Baby

Distorted Aftermath

Post by Soyeong »

I used MechVM to install my Mechwarrior2 Titanium Trilogy. After I complete a mission in all three games, the colors of the aftermath are distorted to the point of illegibility. It goes back to normal when I exit out of it, but I miss important information, especially in Mercenaries. It also distorts the colors when I alt tab when I'm outside of a mission and goes back to normal when I switch to a different room.

I am also having the Keshik overtonnage bug with GBL, but there doesn't seem to be a good fix for that yet that I can find.

Lastly, I remember I used to be able to hit w (back when I played the game as a kid) to change the environment to wireframe, but this doesn't seem to work in any of the three games.

Thanks for any help.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Distorted Aftermath

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

W is disabled in titanium. In mercenaries original you could enable it, but titanium it was removed.

As for distortion can't help you as that problem seems to vary per person and graphics card.
For the overweight bug the only thing I can suggest is to try and get Slug's hook working on titanium. It is reported to fix the mechlab issue as well as a few other issues.
Or use the Titanium patch on that site.

Ultimately I would suggest switching to a DOS version. Titanium is unreliable.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Soyeong
I.S. Baby

Post by Soyeong »

I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7. I tried install the patch in the same directory as the GBL executable, but it said that it couldn't find any game installed on my machine.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

You mean slug's hook? you need to do it manually.
You can see an example here.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.