Mouse Issues

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
PaperLemon
I.S. Baby

Mouse Issues

Post by PaperLemon »

Please excuse me for bringing up a topic that's already been covered in the 'inverted mouse' sticky, but I'm having a hell of a time getting my mouse to pitch in the direction I want it to. When I installed MW2, it defaulted to the inverted control scheme (Down is Up, Up is Down etc). I've tried changing this several times in both the Mouse.map and Input.map files, making sure each line matches, but when I launch the game it gives me an error dialogue like the one attached below. If anyone can shed some light on the situation it would be appreciated. I'd really want to play with the Quake-esque mouse controls.
Attachments
sshot-1.JPG
sshot-1.JPG (56.54 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mouse Issues

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

By chance did you use the DOS version at any time?
The control schemes are different for each game slightly to the extent that it will give you a similar error if you launch one and the other.
I have never seen that error in a different context.... If the error is not caused by that then you edited a file wrong.

My advice would be to reinstall then follow the instructions about the inverted mouse.
Only edit input.map if you are going to use the fix.

And if you reinstall make sure you back your pilots file up so you don't lose your progress.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.