Battlepack custom varients not saving.

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Symos
I.S. Baby

Battlepack custom varients not saving.

Post by Symos »

Hi, first post here. I found a copy of the battlepack disc in a charity shop, and installed it using mechVM. I have windows 7 64 bit (Came preinstalled on the computer).
I'm trying to put in a custom Summoner mech (The M if you're curious, tech readout 3050.) and every time I come out of the mechlab, my custom varrient isn't there. Always reverts to the prime.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Battlepack custom varients not saving.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Is there by chance an error that says that your mech is overweight when you are trying to save?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Symos
I.S. Baby

Post by Symos »

For the defined mission parameters, however on Trial of Greivence mode I have kicked off the other star mates and still doesn't As for the total tonage of the mech itself, no complaints. (All I'm doing is replacing the LRM 15 on the Summoner with a Streak 6)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Unfortunately that is a known bug. Sometimes it cannot be fixed; especially, since you are not using a standard version of the game.

I can only really point you to Slug's hook and suggest you give that a try. It may or may not fix it with that version of the game.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

For running BattlePack, currently the best solution is probably VMWare Player. Virtual PC may not offer sufficient performance.

I noticed that it would be possible to integrate MechVM shell with Battlepack, but haven't found the time to do this yet.