Titanium NetMech/MercNet in XP

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
ugoff
I.S. Baby

Titanium NetMech/MercNet in XP

Post by ugoff »

I have successfully ran and used both the Titanium verions of NetMech and MercNet in XP. I experienced the InitDrawMode error everyone was getting. Upon reading a post about modifying the netshell.dll of Mercenaries 1.1 to run in XP, I made the same modification to each dll in both games. It seems to do the trick.

Using a hex-editor, open the desired netshell.dll. Do a plain-text/ASCII search for GDI32.DLL. When found, replace the 3 with a 4 (GDI42.DLL). Of course, make sure this file is in the game directory before you try to run it. (I think 31CC was missing it, so I grabbed it from Mercs.) Save and run. Easy as that, assuming all the other XP patching was done, Glide wrapper has been installed, and compatibility mode settings have been enabled.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Titanium NetMech/MercNet in XP

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yep, Kontzas trick. :)
Glad ya posted it though, better to have the info out there rather than obscurity.

(Moved thread to tech support)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.