MW2 3dfx Win7 x64 HELP!

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
DuoRanger
I.S. Baby

MW2 3dfx Win7 x64 HELP!

Post by DuoRanger »

guys im having problems with my MW2 3dfx version

the game works fine, but when i select a mission, it doesn't load it and says that i've failed whitout playing it

i've followed the manual but nothing

i have the dos version, but i really want to play the 3dfx version
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MW2 3dfx Win7 x64 HELP!

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Which instructions did you use? Could you be more specific please?

Anyway, if you read this thread on 3dfx it may help.
If it still does not work after following the instructions there then please just stick the the dos version there is way way less bugs.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
DuoRanger
I.S. Baby

Post by DuoRanger »

MW2 Mercs3dfx works fine, but only MW2 and Ghost bear has this problems

+ dgvoodoo its acusing as Virus here on my pc(im Using AVG)
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

ignore the virus warning on dgvoodoo there aint no virus there if you got it from the official site.

Well first, Mercs 3dfx is not a 3dfx version. There is no real glide version of mercs in existance. They put 3dfx on it to sell it when it reality it has nothing to do with a 3dfx card. It is the vanilla game with the 1.08 beta patch basically.
Second, are you sure you have a 3dfx gbl? I think you might have the above...

Third, you didn't answer my question. :(
Did you follow that page because that is the only known set of instructions that work. If they don't work for you then i'm afraid you are out of luck for the 3dfx versions of MechWarrior 2.

Anyway with regard to vanilla 95 versions of either mercs or gbl, or mech2 they generally don't run on Win 7 64bit, but seeing how you got the mercs 1.08 working that is indeed news.
I'm goona have to look into that a bit.

Titanium or possibly Battlepack are generally the only semi functioning versions in Win 7 64bit. 3dfx version is always a long shot to get working. As you see it either works or does not. It varies.

Honestly for 3dfx version if you have an old machine or have $100 to make one I'd do that rather than spending time on Win 7 to get an inferior looking 3dfx version because I can tell ya from experience the emulation is not perfect.
That is the only 100% reliable way to get it running.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
DuoRanger
I.S. Baby

Post by DuoRanger »

Sir MMPD Radick wrote:ignore the virus warning on dgvoodoo there aint no virus there if you got it from the official site.

Well first, Mercs 3dfx is not a 3dfx version. There is no real glide version of mercs in existance. They put 3dfx on it to sell it when it reality it has nothing to do with a 3dfx card. It is the vanilla game with the 1.08 beta patch basically.
Second, are you sure you have a 3dfx gbl? I think you might have the above...

Third, you didn't answer my question. :(
Did you follow that page because that is the only known set of instructions that work. If they don't work for you then i'm afraid you are out of luck for the 3dfx versions of MechWarrior 2.

Anyway with regard to vanilla 95 versions of either mercs or gbl, or mech2 they generally don't run on Win 7 64bit, but seeing how you got the mercs 1.08 working that is indeed news.
I'm goona have to look into that a bit.

Titanium or possibly Battlepack are generally the only semi functioning versions in Win 7 64bit. 3dfx version is always a long shot to get working. As you see it either works or does not. It varies.

Honestly for 3dfx version if you have an old machine or have $100 to make one I'd do that rather than spending time on Win 7 to get an inferior looking 3dfx version because I can tell ya from experience the emulation is not perfect.
That is the only 100% reliable way to get it running.
i've followed and now its working :D

im playing both DOS and 3dfx now =D
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

good to hear