Teleporting Mechs, Random Teleportation in levels, Wonky Ph

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Misfire
I.S. Baby

Teleporting Mechs, Random Teleportation in levels, Wonky Ph

Post by Misfire »

I have encountered very odd behavior with the Titanium Version of Mechwarrior2. Starting from mission one from the jade falcon campaign, I experience invisible bumps on the hills where I can't move, then all of a sudden the kit foxes would teleport right next to me. Also randomly I would get teleport into a random place in the map and it would fail me because I was out of bounds.

I have made a video to demonstrate this. My computer specs are i7 930 4Ghz, Geforce GTX 260.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gD8-lcl8bk

I'm getting about 300FPS on the game, and I believe that this game just can't handle that fps which will mess up the game logic timings etc. So the solution I have found that works is to enable/force Vsync on the game so your fps is limited to 60FPS. After doing that, these problems seem to have subsided, I will continue playing more to see.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Teleporting Mechs, Random Teleportation in levels, Wonky

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

good to know. let us know if that really does the trick when you finish
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

I have tested MW2: Titanium Trilogy on various setups:

Athlon XP, GeForce 8800
AMD Phenom X6, GeForce 580
Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8600 Mobile

Framerates always were around 60 fps, and I had none of the problems you describe. Please let us know if you solve it. Good luck.
Misfire
I.S. Baby

Post by Misfire »

so far so good, although jade falcon mission 2 where you got to defend the power plant, on titanium why is it so hard to do it with a timberwolf? I played the mission on the dos version and beat it just fine but on titanium the objective gets destroyed before you even have a chance to get there. I eventually had to use a firemoth with medium pulse laser and just run there.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

i believe the amount of time changes depending on the setting for difficulty. maybe try turning it down?
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.