"Waiting for other player to come online"

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
fithelere
I.S. Baby

"Waiting for other player to come online"

Post by fithelere »

Hi,

I'm trying to run MW2: 31st CC with Dfend Reloaded on my Vista 64 machine.

When I tell it to run, DOSbox starts up and gets as far as loading the "2 player async driver." Then it reads, "Waiting for other player to come online."

How do I tell it that I'm not playing in a 2-player game?

Thanks,

James
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: "Waiting for other player to come online"

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

i'm sorry but i don't know anything about dfend.
Please use our netmech setup if you wish to play online.
It takes seconds to install. Then you just need to change the IPXNET CONNECT line in the netmch.conf file where you installed the game to

Code: Select all

IPXNET CONNECT mech2.org 10001
After that it is all setup.
Though you will need to come to IRC if you wish to play online because no one ever is in the lobby of the game.
We setup games in IRC before launching in.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
fithelere
I.S. Baby

Post by fithelere »

Thanks for your help, but I'm not interested in playing online (at least not initially). I just want to learn the one-player game for now.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Yeah, but if you are getting an error about players then you are launching netmech or the netb2 thing. I have never heard of that error anywhere else.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.