Step by Step GBL MechVM please?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Sanguine
I.S. Baby

Step by Step GBL MechVM please?

Post by Sanguine »

Hello all,

I'm sure there are more out there trying to install GBL via MechVM. I searched the database but cannot find an example of what is wrong with mine. So I'm running on Windows 7, I have MS-Dos + Windows GBL and when I go to install+Import, it will "install" but then say "Please select the location of a CD image file. This is needed to run the game in DOSBox. I'm new all this, but I've read through several forums and can't seem to find the answer.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Step by Step GBL MechVM please?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

To make an image what you need to do is insert the disc then open clone cd then make a cue/img out of it.
Then when you have that when mechvm asks for it you put the file in.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Sanguine
I.S. Baby

Post by Sanguine »

I did that, but it still won't let me play the actual game. I can get all the way to the launch point, when run under MechVM+Dos Native, it will tell me that "This system does not support full screen mode, press close to close program" (paraphrased) then immediately tell me mission failed. I read under another article some guy was having the same problem, but under MW2 31cc.
Sanguine
I.S. Baby

Post by Sanguine »

Interesting note, if I press ignore enough times, I can actually hear the beginning video play, I just can't see anything...and when I click on the black screen, it immediately closes.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Are you using the Battlepack edition? If so then there is no fix for this version regarding full screen in windows 7 or vista.
Alright though, regarding mechvm. Have you tried running the game directly without it?

i.e setting up DOSBOX yourself and just using the files that are installed via mechvm.
Would probably solve your problem if you did this. Assuming you have the GBL with DOS on it that is and not battlepack.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Please post MechVM.cfg and install-report.txt from the folder where the game is installed so we know what you are talking about. The different versions of MechWarrior 2 really are quite different.
Sanguine
I.S. Baby

Post by Sanguine »

Running it via just native DOS was the solution, I read up online to see pictures of the battlepack edition, that wasn't it. Thank you guys for your help. I just completed my first trial on Ashlain. :) :) :) Skyfaller, thank you for your work with MechVM. You both have no idea how much I adore you for everything you've done to keep these great games alive. Thank you!