Hardware and Operating System Specs for MW2 95 Versions

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
MG_Man
House Steiner Private
House Steiner Private

Re: Hardware and Operating System Specs for MW2 95 Versions

Post by MG_Man »

MOBO: ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+
GPU: BFGTech nVidia 7300 GT
31CC: AOL/Softkey (GAARWARBL)
Merc: Some strange Titanium version included with joystick
GBL: The version in my dreams
Status: Working 100%. Well, save for music for 31CC, but that's because the Softkey version HAS none. I'll have to get the music somehow and burn it on a copy CD of the Softkey...
KSerge
I.S. Baby

Post by KSerge »

Motherboard: Intel DG965PW desktop board (Intel 965 express chipset)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo x6300 (1.86ghz, no HT)
MW2 Version: Netmech
Issues: It's been ages since I played, but I recall hearing CD audio music while in-mech, which I don't currently hear with 31CC. Other than that it's flawless. Used the TitaniumXP.exe patch that is linked around the boards after installing Mech2 Win95 from the CD. Ran Mech2.exe in Win95 compatibility mode. Played with a big smile on my face. Will try with mercs after I get through 31CC

Edit: After some continued playing, there are definitely CD audio tracks on my CD that aren't playing in game. I suspect it may be that the Win95 version assumes that your optical drive is D: where mine is currently E: . Beyond that, my FPS does seem to suffer a bit whenever I move my mouse, otherwise it's smooth as silk. I tried the titanium edition MW2 before digging up my Win95 disc, and it is terrible!
boomx
I.S. Baby

Post by boomx »

Processor: intel atom N270 1.6Ghz hyper threading
Ram: 2GB
Game: Mech2 pentium windows 95 - patched to 1.1
using slug's hook to play

I get the missile damaging by premature detonation probably due to the speed of my cpu and its using hyper threading(from what it seems its probably the hyper threading).

edit: (And putting the missiles on the arms instead of a torso seems to fix that but kinda sucks loosing that weapon if an arm blows off and wasting space for ammo that you then can't use. not an actual fix but good enough for now.)

But other than that everything is freaking awesome! XD
FreelancerMar

Post by FreelancerMar »

If all goes well I will be having a Dedicated Games Machine for all or most of my older games. I picked up an old Pent 2 gateway with win 98 on it at a garage sale the other day for $20.00 USD. I will be tweaking it and putting a fresh install of Windows ME on it if all goes well.

I plan on changeing 2 things.

#1 is a powersupply upgrade(Hopefully Possable) to allow for a new piece of hardware.

#2 is replacing the old S3 Virge 3d pro Video card in it for something more current but is still compatable with the Win 95/98/ME/ 9X Operating systems. I figure a Geforce 6XXX series PCI card because there are still 9X drivers for it available for download. I have already downloaded them and put them on a cd for safe keeping.

Win Mech2 3100cc and win95 Mercs are currently running error free without crashes on this machine. There is some screen video lag but I currently attribute it to the old s3virge which really was not meant for gaming anyway.

The win-9X Enviornment is what the windows versions of MW2 were designed to run on in the first place. I will update if/when my upgrades are installed and working.

Cheers.
Franky
I.S. Baby

Post by Franky »

Motherboard: H55M-S2H
CPU: Intel Core i3 530
MW2 Version: MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat Dos, Asia-Pacific Version (Using bought disc)
Description of Problem: I've tried using every single patch on this thread; posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=109
for single player by the way. Dosbox/MechVM doesn't work, Slug's does. When I install it, and change the compatibility and patch it, it loads the game in windows mode. It loads everything except for the actual game. When i try and launch a mission it crashes and says Mech2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I really want to play this game, it's one of my old favorites. For extra help, I've taken some pictures;

The movie at the beginning:

About to start a Jade Hall mission:

Just as I clicked Missions Briefing, accept:

Someone help me ASAP please.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Franky wrote: MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat Dos
The screenshots you posted show the Win95 version. I do not remember getting this version to work under Win7. The shell may work, but the sim never worked for me. No one has posted a patch that fixes this version. We do not possess the source code for the game, so we cannot fix it either. If you get a DOS version on Ebay, you should be able to get that working with either DosBox or MechVM. In both cases, you need to create an image of the CD.