MechWarrior 2 Windows 95 ed.

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
MSDOS401
I.S. Baby

MechWarrior 2 Windows 95 ed.

Post by MSDOS401 »

Hello, first post so bear with me.
I have installed MechWarrior 2 95 on my Windows 98 SE machine install went fine and i also installed NetMech.
I have been trying to play Netmech 95 online, but have not found any soloutions, Can I still use NetMech 95 or do I have to install your version of NetMechDos?
Also I have a small problem in the single player campain in Mechwarrior 2 95, dealing with the resolution, I can only get it up to 640x480, but from my understanding the game supportsa max res of 1024x768. If so how do I adjust the resolution to the maximum?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MechWarrior 2 Windows 95 ed.

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Hi MSDOS,

With regards to playing online. Windows 98 is no longer supported for playing online.
Well, you can if you play on Kali.net, but you are unlikely to find anyone to play with.
Most people now a days uses Netmech DOS in DOSBOX to play online. Which means you need XP and above.

With regards to resolutions. There is a resolution patch to get 1024 but you need XP to use it.
Though there is another program to get the same results, but I have not tested it.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=213
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
MSDOS401
I.S. Baby

Post by MSDOS401 »

Ok, well that sucks about the Win 95 version of NetMech. Sheesh I really wish Activision would release an update for this game, but would never happen.
So i have downloaded and installed NetMech on my Windows 7 machine.
But i have a couple of problems one there is no sound, how do i setup sound for the game and the second problem is that there is no one there in the game room.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

Perhaps we need a more prominent note somewhere saying that people need to use IRC to set up games.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

@Sky: yeah probably, but like most notes that prolly get ignored too.
But i have a couple of problems one there is no sound, how do i setup sound for the game and the second problem is that there is no one there in the game room.
If you are talking about the netmech download then there is no sound until you actually are playing the game. The lobby has no sounds of any kind.
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
MSDOS401
I.S. Baby

Post by MSDOS401 »

Well i am sorry, I do not know how to use irc and why do you need irc to set up games.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Well i am sorry, I do not know how to use irc and why do you need irc to set up games.
Sorry MSDOS, my first comment was not directed toward you. I was just generally speaking that when I put a note up most people miss it.
No big deal. I apologize if I have given offense. None is meant.

Regarding IRC, it isn't necessary per say to use it, but if you don't schedule a match with someone the lobby is always empty. That is why we generally are saying that it is necessary to come in IRC before opening netmech because of this problem of finding a game. Admittedly IRC is no silver bullet, but the chances are a lot higher than opening netmech directly.

Now using it is very simple all you do is open this address and put a nickname in.
It is just like any ordinary chat room really. Think of it like an instant messenger. Just like it is on AIM or MSN just because a name is listed does not mean they are at the computer.
Just say hi and wait eventually someone will respond. It might take some time but usually there is someone around. We got people from Europe, Canada, Iceland, UK and other European countries sitting in there so we are quite international with times.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Yes