Can't Start A Mission

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Franky
I.S. Baby

Can't Start A Mission

Post by Franky »

I posted this in another thread, and I apologize for this. I'm not trying to spam for post count, I just need immediate help as I've been trying for days, but nothing. Copied and pasted what I typed before.

Motherboard: H55M-S2H
CPU: Intel Core i3 530
MW2 Version: MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat Dos, Asia-Pacific Version (Using bought disc)
Description of Problem: I've tried using every single patch on this thread; posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=109
for single player by the way. Dosbox/MechVM doesn't work, Slug's does. When I install it, and change the compatibility and patch it, it loads the game in windows mode. It loads everything except for the actual game. When i try and launch a mission it crashes and says Mech2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I really want to play this game, it's one of my old favorites. For extra help, I've taken some pictures;

The movie at the beginning:

About to start a Jade Hall mission:

Just as I clicked Missions Briefing, accept:

Someone help me ASAP please.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Can't Start A Mission

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I'm sorry but the Win 95 version does not work on Windows 7. I have never found anyone with a solution.
If you wish to play mech2 you will need to get ahold of the DOS version of Mechwarrior 2 and play it via DOSBOX.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.