installing Mechwarrior 2 3dfx edition in vista 32 system?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
ricktoffer
I.S. Baby

installing Mechwarrior 2 3dfx edition in vista 32 system?

Post by ricktoffer »

How do you install mw2 3dfx on vista 32 system ? Ive tried the vmeh and the missions won't start plus the screensize is too small. Slugs hook can't find the exe progrm and ive tried puttig in the correct path to the game, Does any one know astep procedure for installing these on vista 32 system?
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: installing Mechwarrior 2 3dfx edition in vista 32 system

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

as far as i know there is no way to run the 3dfx edition on anything above XP.
Main reason is none of the glide wrappers run properly on the new OS's.

I really wouldn't bother.

Anyway the slug's hook rarely ever detects the game installed.
What you need to is create a shortcut to the slug's hook then combine the paths..

i.e the target path on the shortcut should be similar to

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\MW2Hook\MW2Inject.exe" /-startup /-mechlab "C:\Program Files\Activision\Mech2\Mech2.exe"
The quotes are there because of the spaces in the path.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
ricktoffer
I.S. Baby

Post by ricktoffer »

I got mechwarrior 2 doss and it works fine on vista with mechvm and the titaniun version also workson mechvm but the 3dfx will not work on mechvm or slugs hook even with the correct path put in. Since I got the others programs to work I'll leave the 3dfx version for my xp computer. Thanks for the help.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Correction. Apparently I messed up when i tried it the last time around.

Instructions from hooby
Instructions for playing the 3dfx version in Windows 7 / 64 bit:
0. insert/mount 3dfx version
1. install game with MechVM: http://www.mechvm.org/
2. get/install MW2Hook: http://www.warp13.co.uk/mech2
3. copy DPLAY.dll from the directx folder on the mech2 cd to the game dir (default is mechvm\game dir)
4. get dgvoodoo: http://dege.freeweb.hu/
5. setup dgvoodoo in game dir and off you go with mw2inject! (that is, get dgvoodoosetup.exe and the glide dll from dgvoodoo and put them in the mech2 dir. then run dgvoodoosetup if needed)
6. make sure your cd is in/mounted on the d drive for cd audio. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.