MW2 pentium ed + 1.05patch + kontza + slug = ?

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
f3ua
I.S. Baby

MW2 pentium ed + 1.05patch + kontza + slug = ?

Post by f3ua »

Hello everybody and many compliments for keeping alive support for this game!

First of all I read all guides before posting :D

I recently found my copy of MW2 Pentium edition (I haven't played with this for a long time) and I tried to install it on my pc (dual core, win xp) with lots of problems. After many tries the most stable configuration was with patch 1.05 installed and slug's hook, but the mech customization didn't work.

So I tried the solution with kontza dlls + patch 1.05 and finally the game works WITH the customization. Unfortunally there are two little issues (i suppose depending on the dlls)
- The game goes quite slow with not fluid simulation (with slug's method the speed was ok)
- There is a strange problem while playing: when i fire some missles (not with lasers) they hit myself instead of my target and they damage my mech. It seems they hit me before leaving the mech.

Any ideas? thanks
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: MW2 pentium ed + 1.05patch + kontza + slug = ?

Post by Skyfaller »

Welcome to mech2.org!

Honestly, I think you're lucky you even got that far. Most people cannot get the Pentium Editions working at all since Service Pack 3. The DOS versions currently work best with DosBox.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: MW2 pentium ed + 1.05patch + kontza + slug = ?

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

1.05 patch? You sure your using the pentium edition the only version i know that has 1.05 is Battlepack.
Highest Pentium editions got was 1.1

Now with regards to the missiles hitting you it means your cpu is too fast and they are exploding out of sync basically. If you want to lessen the problem you need to use a tool such as cpu grab and slow your machine down significantly.
- The game goes quite slow with not fluid simulation (with slug's method the speed was ok)
Watch the install video on youtube and you can get it working alot easier.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.