I cannot make custom mechs

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

I cannot make custom mechs

Post by Rattler-1985 »

I can use the stock configurations for a mech, but I cannot customize them. Every time I do I get an error message saying that mech exceeds tonnage even if it does not.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: I cannot make custom mechs

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

Well, first did you read the guides which mention how to fix this? (Solution 3)
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Rattler-1985 »

Yes, I tried Slug's patch, but it did not work. I try to run the patch. I selected the directory that has the MW2.DLL file, but I got an error message saying that the file does not match patch.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Alright you have the pentium edition or a variant of it then.
Just extract this file into the directory and make sure mech2.exe is set on compatibility mode of 95/98.

Please note that Vista/Windows 7 won't work with the 95 version of mech2.
You will need to buy the DOS version if this is the case or run the game in vmware.
Attachments
MW2SHELL.zip
Extract and Replace the DLL in the MEch2 dir.
(184.78 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Rattler-1985
I.S. Mech Washer

Post by Rattler-1985 »

I set the compatibility to windows 95 and replaced the MW2SHELL.DLL file with the one you provided and now I get an error message "MW2WIN.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close." I reinstalled the game and it will run, but I run into problems after I patch it with the Mech2XPv3 patch and the MW@SHELL.DLL file.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Come on our IRC server please. I'll set it up for you via teamviewer if you like. If it is possible at all to get it working i'll get it.
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Post by Skyfaller »

If the sim is working, you can use MechVM's internal shell to configure mechs and use them in the sim.