Cannot use patch Mech2XPV3.exe

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
MechCheese
I.S. Baby

Cannot use patch Mech2XPV3.exe

Post by MechCheese »

I downloaded the mech2.iso file and burned to a CD. The CD autoruns as expected when you put it in. I checked the version in the help file and it says it is the MechWarrior 2 for Windows 95 version (nothing about the ATI Rage 3D edition, etc.). I try to install the Mech2XPv3.exe patch and i receive the following error every time: "File does not match patch!"

I used to have a Pentium 133 PC with the ATI Rage 3D video card and that MW2 edition and played it for hours as a young man. I am hoping to relive this AWESOME game on my XP Pro SP2 32-bit system. I searched for the error message in the forum and have not found any answers. If I missed it somehow please direct me to it. Any one out there with this error or if I may have the wrong iso version, please direct me to the correct version. Thanks in advance!

Warm Regards,
TJ
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Cannot use patch Mech2XPV3.exe

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

You need to use a different method.
Your using the wrong version of the game for the patch.

Use Method 2 or 4 or 1.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.