Mission Failed

Post up issues you are encountering with MechWarrior 2 here, this includes Netmech.
Forum rules
Search before asking!
No Swearing!
billysunday
I.S. Baby

Mission Failed

Post by billysunday »

I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit. I installed Mech Warrior 2: 31st Century Combat recently using this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyNMEhTCtQ. I bought the game back in 1995. Everything works great until you choose to accept a mission. You immediately fail the mission and you are prompted to retry or abort the mission. Similarly, you can choose a tutorial mission, but you never actually get to run the tutorial. The screen just flickers and goes back to the tutorial select screen. Got any ideas?
Skyfaller
Clan 1st MechWarrior
Clan 1st MechWarrior

Re: Mission Failed

Post by Skyfaller »

The Pentium Editions currently run best in virtual machines like VMWare or Virtual PC.
Sir MMPD Radick
Clan Nova Captain
Clan Nova Captain

Re: Mission Failed

Post by Sir MMPD Radick »

I think it will only run on 32bit versions of Windows.. if you are running 64bit there probably is going to be more problems..

Your best bet is to buy a DOS version and use mechvm to install it and run it via dosbox.
James 3:5-10: My Reminder
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.